Thursday, February 2, 2012

For the love of cheese

When it comes to food I don't believe in monogamy I have many loves, and if we are talking about loves than we must be talking about cheese.  I have always adored cheese, but lately I have come to a whole new level.  I have been reading a book about cheese making and selling, " Cheesemonger: A Life on the Wedge" by Gordon Edgar.  I have even gone so far as looking into an internship in Vermont for the summer.  ( You will soon learn that when I get excited about things I jump one step too far.  No I will not be going to Vermont this summer.  However a girl can dream of milking a goat, wearing a hair net and smelling like cheese all day if she wants to!) 
       While looking into different dairy farms, I came across Beehive Cheese Co. based out of Uintah, Utah.  They have some of the most marvelous cheeses.  My birthday was just in January and I thought it was a great idea to ask for a cheese box from Beehive.  I received the package today and I could not be more excited about it.  In the box was seven little treasures.  Promontory, Promontory smoked with English Walnuts Shells and Apples, Uintah Jack, Promontory with Habanero, Squeaky Bee Curds, Squeaky Bee Curds with Cajun flavors, and Barley Buzzed: Espresso and Lavendar rubbed. 


I know that I am giving this company free advertising but they deserve it.  Just one bit of the Barley Buzzed and you will know why I love cheese so much.  The creamy, melt in your mouth, texture with the bold and sweet rubb is enough to make you want to join me in Vermont this summer.
   


2 comments:

  1. Nice cheese plate in that last pic. :) love the post Sus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of the first line of this post.

    ReplyDelete