Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomatoe Pasta

Tomatoes are one of my favorite things to eat especially in the summer.  I love when you eat one fresh from the garden and it is still warm from the sun.  Being that it is winter, I find myself longing for the taste of summer.  Therefore I decided to make dinner with the next best thing, sun-dried tomatoes.  I have an obsession with sun-dried tomatoes.  I love the deep red color, the chewy texture and the sweet taste it gives when you add them to any dish.  One of my favorite ways to eat them is with pasta!







Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomatoe Pasta
adapted from Bon Appetit
 



3/4 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes ( keep 2 tablespoons of the oil)
2 skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into 2" stripes
1 pound of your favorite pasta
4 large garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped basil
3/4 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
1/4 cup chopped prosciutto
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted


Place 1 tablespoon of the sun-dried tomatoe oil in a skillet over medium heat.  Saute chicken until cooked through and no longer pink.  Transfer chicken to a plate.  Do not clean the skillet!

Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, just around 8 minutes.  Drain pasta and transfer to a large bowl.

Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of tomato oil in skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the garlic and cook till tender, 1 minute, than add the sun-dried tomatoes, chicken broth, prosciutto, and chicken.  Bring to a boil for 5 minutes and than add the Gruyere cheese.  Pour over pasta and toss to coat.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chopped basil. 






1 comment:

  1. I made this tonight! Fabulouso! I followed the recipe to the tee except I added spinach! Good addition:-) thanks Susan.

    ReplyDelete