Tuesday, May 22, 2012

College..The Good Life







College...is there any better time in life?  Well I guess many could argue yes, but come on.  Being able to live in a place for 4 years (for some lucky people it might take longer) where you live with your best friends, go to class at 10:00 a.m., tailgates starting at 6:00 a.m., and be able to figure out what you think and feel about events in the world past & present.  I can not believe that I have not mentioned this before in my blog, but I am a proud Alum of the University of Iowa!!!  I loved college, mainly because it truly made me the person that I am today.  ( and that person is really good at flippy cup!)

 
This last weekend I was lucky enough to watch my younger cousin walk across the stage and receive his diploma from The University of Norte Dame!  I am proud that he graduated, but I am really happy that he also gained a feeling of being a more well rounded person because of his time in South Bend.  My cousin has excepted a job with Target and will be moving to Minneapolis, MN where the headquarters are located.  I am thrilled for him, being that it is a great job and city, but will miss him a ton. 

 
In order to celebrate this wonderful occasion I made the desserts for the graduation party.  I made a chocolate and Swiss buttercream cake.  I covered it in fondant and made a ND topper.  Then in order to celebrate the new job, I made red velvet Target cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
Go Irish!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment